I’ve left the snowy streets of Boston for New Orleans today! And anything above 30 degrees feels amazingly warm. This post is something I’ve wanted to do for awhile and with my trip, it felt like the perfect time to do so. Turo was the one to send in the question wanting to know my travel essentials and get some new travel ideas. Turo is a really interesting car sharing service that basically lets normal everyday people like you and me rent out our cars safely and easily when we’re not using them. It’s actually pretty cost effective when average car rental services charge so much more during holidays like Mardi Gras! You can now get them straight away when you land at the airport as well. No taking a strange shuttle ride to your rental car place. Anyways, I hope this post gives some extra ideas about what to bring and if you have any tips on what I should add to my carry on, let me know in the comments!
- A large, durable carry-on bag that can fit underneath my seat. I’m so tiny that I definitely don’t want to be fighting for spots on the overhead bin. (Mine: Kate Spade New York)
- My laptop is a must! I rarely use it on planes but I don’t want it banging around in my suitcase. I might write up a few notes if I have a lengthy layover. (Mine: Macbook Pro 13 inch)
- Phone and earbuds already loaded with my playlists from Spotify. (Mine: iPhone 6 / Philips earbuds)
- Passport, wallet, and any travel documents. (Mine: Wallet is Kate Spade New York)
- An eye mask! I wear this and nap especially when it’s dark out and the person next to me is using their above seat light. (Mine: Victoria’s Secret)
- My favorite journal to jot down any thoughts quickly and easily. I tend to do a lot of deep thinking on planes. (Mine: Shinola Detroit)
- My travel camera, duh. (Mine: Canon EOS M & Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM)
- My tablet tucked in its case. (Mine: iPad Mini and Kate Spade New York case)
- A comfy scarf that can double as a pillow and/or blanket. (Mine: Ralph Lauren)
Check out Turo.com for more information about their amazing service! What are your carry-on essentials?