Mornings at Demel

I love those days where everything seems to just fall into place perfectly – you have things to do although nothing feels overwhelming and the cards are just in your favor for those few hours. This is how I feel when I walk into Demel. Although Demel could probably be seen as a common tourist attraction as it’s so famous for those visiting Vienna, it’s absolutely wonderful! And after trying out multiple Viennese cafes we ended up back here. We seemed to have made it our little place for the short time we were there, already finding our preferred table, grabbing the paper, enjoying time and how slow it all felt in the moment.

Vienna Austria Travel Diary: Demel

Vienna Austria Travel Diary: Demel

Vienna Austria Travel Diary: Demel

Vienna Austria Travel Diary: Demel

Vienna Austria Travel Diary: Demel

Vienna Austria Travel Diary: Demel

Vienna holds all of my interior design dreams as it’s in the most normal of places! I love that. It can be hotel lobbies, coffee shops, apartment buildings – I think that’s what makes it so special. You truly feel you are living in an art piece at all times. A painting some days, maybe an installation?! When you surround yourself with beautiful things I think one also feels more beautiful about themselves. I certainly felt that here. How can you not when you’re now among this piece of art – you yourself are art! Do you have any places that make you feel like that?

And speaking of living in an art piece – I’m most excited to share a very personal photo shoot with you all Lukas and I did in Vienna. It includes Demel once again and Schönbrunn and it’s everything romantic and beautiful in one post. Plus, I wear a red dress! I hope you’ll stick around and if you want to know when it is published please join my Postcard club by signing up as you leave a comment or in the form on my sidebar.

Photographs were taken with a Canon EOS Rebel T3i.

Comments

• kittylimon

Written on May 20, 2017

The Demel sounds perfect and the interior is so beautiful, there’s nothing really like that near myself but would love to visit Vienna 🙂

Written on May 20, 2017

It’s a fantastic city – I hope you make it there one day!

• Denise

Written on May 20, 2017

Wow that food looks so good! What a beautiful room to sit and relax, have some cake and coffee and catch up with loved ones.

Written on May 20, 2017

It is sooo good LOL – dangerous for your waistline with all these pastry shops around, I tell you!

• Corinne & Kirsty

Written on May 20, 2017

OMG, this place looks fantastic! The food looks so good and the place so nice! Your pictures are amazing! I wish I could go there! xx corinne

Written on May 20, 2017

Thanks so much for your kind words, Corinne! I hope you get to go there one day! I totally recommend it.

• Jasmin N

Written on May 20, 2017

Holy crap everything looks so delicious! That sounds like a wondeful place to spend a chilly morning 🙂

Written on May 21, 2017

Haha it totally is! We were lucky to get some warmer days while we were here but I can totally see myself curling up here on a winter day if we moved for some time. Love it!

• Prerna

Written on May 21, 2017

Demel sounds like such a nice cafe to visit! And, looking at your pictures, it is worth all the hype!

Written on May 21, 2017

Definitely check it out if you’re in Vienna, Prerna! Completely worth visiting and indulging!

• Samantha

Written on May 21, 2017

I loooved this! The interior design is so classy, elegant and beautiful, the colors too! And the cakes look delicious! Demel is now in my bucket list!
    I imagine redaing a book or the newspaper sit sipping coffee and tasting a piece of cake.. Heaven!

Samantha | https://samanthacarraro.wordpress.com/

Written on May 23, 2017

Thanks for your words, Samantha! I’m glad to get Demel on your bucket list – it won’t disappoint!

• Karoliina Kazi

Written on May 21, 2017

I would love to visit Vienna – it looks so gorgeous and inspiring city. And the cakes look pretty tempting too 🙂

Written on May 24, 2017

Thanks for your kind words, Karolina! It is. ;D

• Michenn

Written on May 22, 2017

I love the chandelier! It’s so beautiful and such a great statement piece. Also, I’ve always wanted to visit Vienna! It sounds so beautiful!!

Written on May 24, 2017

You definitely should give it a chance, Michenn! It’s a stunning country and if you like chandeliers you’ll be in chandelier heaven haha. They’re in just about every interior space!