A Peek Inside The Most Magnificent Venue in Vienna

Wondering what the best way is to get a good tour? Say you’re interested in getting married there!

Although L hasn’t popped the question we were interested in seeing a couple venues while we happened to be traveling to keep in the back of our minds when that time comes (ahem, no pressure 😛). It’s going to be a destination wedding for at least half the guests so we’re open to the whole globe as to where it shall be held! Here we enter Palais Coburg – a luxury suite hotel in Vienna that we scoped out a bit before arriving. Lukas loves it because the Iran deal was done here, I love it for everything else. If we end up having a wedding in Vienna – I couldn’t picture it anywhere else after touring it. Take a peek inside and you’ll see why.

Gorgeous Wedding Venue Palais Coburg in Vienna by Bexpeditions.com

Gorgeous Wedding Venue Palais Coburg in Vienna by Bexpeditions.com

Gorgeous Wedding Venue Palais Coburg in Vienna by Bexpeditions.com

The Mirror Hall – literally one of those audible gasp moment when you first step inside! We decided this would be where the ceremony would take place.

Gorgeous Wedding Venue Palais Coburg in Vienna by Bexpeditions.com

Gorgeous Wedding Venue Palais Coburg in Vienna by Bexpeditions.com

The Blue Salon. We had discussed a cocktail hour right off the Mirror Hall into here and out onto the balcony.

Gorgeous Wedding Venue Palais Coburg in Vienna by Bexpeditions.com

& look – I’m matching!

Gorgeous Wedding Venue Palais Coburg in Vienna by Bexpeditions.com

Yellow Salon details. I believe we had talked about this salon as part of the cocktail hour as well because space in the Blue Salon might not have been enough for our guess on guests.

Although this is barely scratching the surface of this absolutely breathtaking venue you can see why it’s now hard for us to picture our wedding anywhere else! I absolutely love it and we even started planning out the wedding reception in their Casemates, the welcome reception, post-wedding brunch, etc. You know you’re in trouble when you start talking about the greenery you’d like to see in a monogram on the wall! LOL.

Gorgeous Wedding Venue Palais Coburg in Vienna by Bexpeditions.com

We toured a few drop dead gorgeous suites as we really love the idea of renting out the entire Palais for all of our friends and family to stay with us. An upstairs and sauna in my hotel suite?? Yes, please!! Let me say I was surely avoiding the question of cost. We’re not at that stage yet so let’s just visualize here. But if I remember it’s similar to what we started looking at in Newport, Rhode Island. Lukas and I are both people that like things in a certain way and taste. We tend to think of the “if you can’t do it right, don’t do it at all” approach to events…and everything we do, really. We love the idea of creating an “experience” for our guests.

The longer we’re together though the less I feel this as I’d rather just be with him no matter the opulence or size of the wedding.

Working with brides often I just let them chat my ear off about all their amazing Nantucket/Cape Cod/Napa plans and live through them! They’re full of good ideas! I have to give it to event planners – as exciting and beautiful as all this is it’s overwhelming. So. Many. Ideas. Let alone actually planning for something to take place there! How did any of you married ones choose your venue? What were the most important factors?

I hope you enjoyed this little sneak peek inside Palais Coburg, xo. Website.

PS. If you haven’t already, join my Postcard Club! Either by leaving a comment below or using the form on the right sidebar. Very exciting things coming soon and I would hate for you to miss out! I can’t wait!!

Comments

• Deborah

Written on May 18, 2017

oh my goodness that venue is amazing, i dont think i would get anything done for looking at the ceiling all day! lol

Written on May 18, 2017

Haha, thanks, Deborah! It was absolutely breathtaking! I could’ve spent way more time there.

Written on May 19, 2017

Isn’t it though!! Thanks for your kind words, Paige 😀

• Stephanie

Written on May 19, 2017

Oh my gosh those photos are so amazing!! I’ve never been to Vienna, but this makes me want to go so badly!

Written on May 19, 2017

You should definitely visit, Stephanie! It’s a gorgeous city and interiors like this seem to be everywhere (although this one is particularly stunning) in one way or another. Hope you get there soon!

Written on May 19, 2017

It’s stunning! It’s like living in a dream

• Phaytea's Pulse

Written on May 19, 2017

This place is awesometastic…anyone will fall in love…the pictures are stunning..now imagine taking your wedding pictures here

Written on May 19, 2017

I know, right! We definitely had pictured that walking through the space – so many backdrops, all so beautiful! Every ounce of that room is decorated to perfection! I’m so happy you enjoyed it!

• Denise

Written on May 19, 2017

Wow what a beautiful venue! I work with a vet from Vienna who always goes on about how beautiful it is, looking at those pictures I can see why he says that 🙂

Written on May 20, 2017

Thanks for your kind words, Denise – it’s such a beautiful place and hopefully, you will see it for yourself one day! I’m sure your vet has good stories.

Written on May 20, 2017

Totally! And it’s amazing that you are able to host your own special days and create new memories in such a historic place. I absolutely love that!

• Prerna

Written on May 20, 2017

What a beautiful place to get married at! The ceilings and walls have such pretty details!

Written on May 20, 2017

Aren’t they beautiful, Prerna! Maybe it will end up being the place – there are so many approaches/styles to weddings and it can be hard to map a direction! I love details from all kinds.

• Karen

Written on May 20, 2017

OMG. I JUST ELOPED….buuuuut omg I want to have a wedding here. I’m seriously afraid to ask the cost, but it looks SO beautiful!

Written on May 20, 2017

Haha, so were we! Especially for what we would want to organize/do – it’s more of a “wedding 3-day weekend” that we were looking to plan LOL. But we figured if we start looking now and early we would like to see costs and then map out what we consider a priority and develop a budget from there. Again, when that time ACTUALLY arrives we’ll see how well we do! And congratulations!!

• Julia

Written on May 21, 2017

Such a gorgeous venue! Adding this to my list of dream wedding venues! 🙂

Written on May 21, 2017

Seriously, though! It was the first and only one so far to make us actually gasp out loud from its beauty! And when people ask me where we’d like to get married I just keep thinking this place.

• Liz

Written on May 21, 2017

Palais Coburg is a beautiful place, so magical! I can totally understand why you would want to get married there 🙂

Written on May 21, 2017

It was such an experience, Liz! And this is only a slice of the staterooms. I was in such awe I couldn’t even concentrate on snapping with my camera the whole time!

• Alaine

Written on May 21, 2017

That is such a stunning venue! Like a royal wedding for the ages! Vienna is seriously stunning as a city and the architecture is one of my favorites! It would be amazing as a destination wedding location.

Written on May 23, 2017

Thanks so much for your kind words, Alaine! It really is a dream location!!

• Alina

Written on May 21, 2017

What a stunning palace! It must be the best way, to visit places like this, “for a wedding”, as there are no other people in your pictures! And probably you get a good tour with background info as well 🙂 I’ll have to keep this as a tip for the future, if I want to visit some interesting place, and pack some old IDs with my previous surname with, just in case 😀

Written on May 23, 2017

Hahah, I mean we really would be interested in getting married there but just not so so soon! But if we’re traveling and thinking of a destination wedding, it seemed like a good opportunity to take a look at some dream venues! The woman in charge of events who showed us around was so extremely helpful and friendly and if we do choose this as a venue I can tell they would be such a dream to work with as well!

• Joanna

Written on May 22, 2017

DAMN GIRL
    This weeding is going to be epic! This venue is extraordinary !! Omg it looks like a castle from a fairy tale ! You and your wedding dress in this venue… you’ll make incredible pictures that will become wonderful memories!!
    This is going to be a wedding that no one in your family or friends will forget haha

Written on May 24, 2017

hahaha thanks, Joanna! You’re so sweet. I certainly hope so! It definitely is a fairytale venue and the pictures would be just as beautiful as the memories created there!

Written on May 24, 2017

Hello Madi, please do! If you haven’t already booked a place they are probably the best hotel in the area so definitely check them out for accommodations, too!

• kay

Written on May 23, 2017

UM, WOW! This place looks amazing!!! I love that architecture. Definitely putting this on my list.

Written on May 24, 2017

Good idea, Kay! It’s a beautiful place to be. Thank you for your kind words!