Sightseeing: Pyramidenkogel Tower in Austria

How many sightseeing posts can one girl have from Austria??! Turns out, a whole load! Each view deserves its own post as they are their own magnificent, breathtaking experience that should be shared with you. We took a day trip to Carinthia which I hear is where many Austrian’s go to for their waterfront vacations within the country. We didn’t get the sunniest of days and many things happened to be closed on our day trip but we were able to explore the amazing Pyramidenkogel Tower! And I personally think clouds make the photographs far more interesting to the eye so let’s look at our clouds as the glass half full, shall we?

I absolutely love these photographs and that view! It was hard to pair it down to such few ones that I felt captured it’s different angles best. Look at all the little towns and how they are designed! It’s so darling. Pyramidenkogel is 2,792 mountain in Carinthia and the newest observation tower has been up since 2013. The tower itself is about 328 feet and made of wood. I learned the tallest wooden tower in the world! There is also a slide inside so once you’re done hanging at the top you can go back to your childhood days and slide alllll the way down. I may or may not have felt slightly ill after that ride down but #yolo. I actually wish I had photographs of the tower itself because it’s a really cool architectural piece but I was so excited to get to the top I missed out on the journey there.

Later, L & I had a quick stop in Klagenfurt where we walked around the colorful town and had some ice cream. Not many photographs here but I was eager to share anyway.

Yeah, no height difference at all here.

Photographs were taken with a Canon EOS Rebel T3i. Places Mentioned: Pyramidenkogel Tower & Klagenfurt.

Comments

• LC

Written on May 13, 2017

I love the colourful buildings! Your photos are stunning – I agree, the clouds really add something to them. Sure is a pretty country.

Written on May 13, 2017

Thanks so much, LC! I agree – this time the clouds really made it more dynamic. As long as I can avoid the actual rain/downpour I’m all about it!

Written on May 13, 2017

Thanks so much, Paroma! Do you like your Rebel? Mine has held up incredibly well over the years! I’m thinking of upgrading soon, staying with Canon but I’m not sure which model I want yet!

• C-Ludik

Written on May 13, 2017

Gorgeous photos 🙂 The wonderful lake Wörtersee and the surrounding mountains take your breath.

Written on May 13, 2017

Thanks for your kind words! It is absolutely breathtaking.

• Jasmin N

Written on May 13, 2017

Your photos look absolutely stunning! Wow, the view is amazing. That would be so great to see in person 🙂 Looks like a pretty place 🙂

Written on May 13, 2017

Thanks so much, Jasmin! I’m glad you enjoyed it. It is such a beautiful place!

• Mellissa Williams

Written on May 13, 2017

Wow what amazing views and photos. I love Austria so much. We went to Vienna last year and it was beautiful and Zell Am Zee is gorgeous as well

Written on May 13, 2017

Thanks for your kind words, Mellissa! I also find Vienna to be one of the most beautiful cities and can’t wait to share my photographs from that trip as well! Thank you for your suggestions!!

• Kintan

Written on May 13, 2017

Woww…what a fantastic place and amazing view. I wish i could visit there one day.
    Thanks for sharing dear. XOX

Written on May 13, 2017

Glad you enjoyed, Kintan. It’s really an amazing view! I suggest it if you’re ever in the area. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Written on May 13, 2017

Thanks for your kind words, Rebecca!

• Maikel

Written on May 14, 2017

I really want to go to austria. It looks so beautiful!

Written on May 14, 2017

Definitely take a trip out there, Maikel! It’s a beautiful country.

• Beth

Written on May 14, 2017

Beautiful pictures as always!!! I lived in Austria for awhile as a kid and this made me miss it so much!!! Such a gorgeous country. 🙂

Written on May 14, 2017

Thanks so much, Beth! <3 You're so lucky you got to live there! I have hopes of an extended stay in Vienna in this lifetime... Glad you enjoyed!

• Rebekah

Written on May 14, 2017

This was not how I imagined Australia at all. The photos you took make the country look beautiful in a whole new light, and I love it. Such a great blog post!

Written on May 14, 2017

Hi Rebekah, I hope we’re talking about the same country here! This is Austria ;D – I hope you enjoyed the photographs no matter where you place you them, though! Thank you for your kind words.

• Prerna

Written on May 15, 2017

Such breathtakingly beautiful pictures. I have been to Vienna and I know how beautiful Austria is and your pictures do complete justice!

Written on May 15, 2017

Thanks so much for your kind words, Prerna! That means a lot to me! It’s such a beautiful place, it’s a show off all seasons!

• Emma Jayne

Written on May 15, 2017

I’ve never been to Austria! Your photos are gorgeous and I really need to book a flight as it looks beautiful! – Maybe I will head there skiing next season!

Written on May 15, 2017

Thanks so much Emma – It makes me ecstatic my photos want to make you book a trip!! You won’t regret it! Skiing there is something I still wish to do!

Written on May 18, 2017

Thanks so much, Kay! It was so beautiful! Not hard to take good photographs with a view like that ;D

Written on May 24, 2017

I’m glad you feel that way!! It’s a beautiful country so I hope you make it out there!