Photo Diary: Lunch In Heidelberg

Rewinding back on a quick lunch stop in Heidelberg as Lukas drove us on a 6-hour car ride from our castle in Aerzen to Munich! In rainy weather with a pretty bad rental car experience, he was a real trooper. I was really the luckier one in this situation! We got a slice of no rain for a late lunch in Heidelberg and spent a short time walking through the center before getting back on the road to our final destination!

I adored the architecture in Heidelberg and it was a lot busier than I had expected! I know it’s a university city but I was surprised by the amount of foot traffic and tourism. Maybe this was in contrast to the quieter town of Hameln we just came from. The pastel pretty buildings I could look at forever.

We stopped for lunch at Lowenbrau, simply for convenience for our rumbling tummies.

Those teal shutters, though!! *heart eyes emoji* The architecture in Heidelberg is absolutely stunning and the palette of the city is beautiful. I love the warmer peach tones with accents of bright teals and cool greens. It’s really pleasing and such a nice contrast!

Heidelberg Castle on the hill.

This was moments before the rain started picking up on us! We then beelined back to our car and continued our journey. Heidelberg was definitely a fun stop and I’m looking forward to going back for an extended stay! Any recommendations for places to sleep/eat/do next time? Hopefully, we’ll have brighter weather!

Comments

• Caroline

Written on April 29, 2017

This is exactly my kind of place! Have you been to Landsberg am Lech? It reminds me of that with the pastel houses. Your photography is beautiful. I had to smile at the photo of you in the pretty street – exactly the shot I force my husband to take of me, haha.

Written on April 29, 2017

I haven’t been there yet! I’ve mostly explored Northern German towns and really need to get a better taste of Bavaria. Haha – that photo was a bit of a candid shot as I feel like I’m about the melt the minute it starts raining, checking my hair for frizz and all LOL

• Jean

Written on April 29, 2017

Oh I too loved Heidleburg. We spent a night there and it was amazing. Best schnitzel I’ve ever had!!

Written on April 29, 2017

Haha oh how I miss the schnitzel! I am surprised how different it is across the country and especially in Austria.

• Diana

Written on April 29, 2017

Such a charming town! and loove your photos. I have never been to Heidelberg but I seriously need to!

Written on April 29, 2017

Thanks, Diana! Definitely worth some more time from both of us!

• C-Ludik

Written on April 29, 2017

Lovely photos πŸ™‚ I never been to Heidleburg but the city seems a good place for a weekend getaway: a small but beautiful city rich in history, with good hiking options and lots of local events. Thank you for sharing πŸ™‚

Written on April 29, 2017

Thanks! If we would have had more time we definitely would have explored and learned about the history more!

Written on April 29, 2017

Thanks, Jewels! I’m glad you felt like you were able to be there with us!

• Ania

Written on April 29, 2017

Heidelberg is such a picture-perfect little town! Perfect for a lunch stop, and I am putting it down on my list of “must-see” German towns. Thanks for sharing!

Written on April 29, 2017

Thank, Ania! We took such a long drive and I’m super happy with our decision to stop here for a short bit. Much more to see though.

• Louise

Written on April 29, 2017

What a beautiful place. I agree, those teal shutters are fabulous! I really love your photos πŸ™‚ Looking forward to seeing more of them.

Louise

Written on April 29, 2017

Thanks so much, Louise. Glad you enjoyed it!

• Julianne

Written on April 29, 2017

I’ve never been to Heidelberg, but your pictures are giving me serious FOMO. Your pictures are gorgeous — what camera did you use? That one of you in the red trench coat is a stunning contrast to the rest of the scenery. So glad to have found your blog!

Written on April 29, 2017

Haha thanks, Julianne! We used Canon EOS Rebel T3i and Canon EOS M for these shots. Thanks so much – glad to have you on our adventures!

• Kim

Written on May 4, 2017

Wow that is seriously the most charming town I have ever seen! I love LOVE your photography and editing. Seriously, on point! You have a great eye for photos.

Kim | Simply Lovebirds

Written on May 4, 2017

Thanks so much Kim, you’re very kind! I’m glad you enjoyed it.